Sunday, June 28, 2009

Owls




This is an image of the scrap page I used the owls on. When I get my craftrobo up and running again I will have to cut out something cute to dress it up a bit.
My computer was recently over heating (it melted a candybar on top of it) Not cool. But very funny. So Rob pulled the computer and shnazzy it up a bit. Computer runs like a champ now, and as many of you know I am all for Linux. Ever since I had it loaded up I despised Windows. I havnt had to reboot my computer for months, hardly ever have issues, and of course Windows is just dag nasty evil. Sadly all my play things run in Windows. My craftrobo, and my embroidery machine. So of course I have a partion of windows I do run on occation. But since the overheating buisness we havnt re-installed windows. I can't say I miss it at all.. I wasnt that much in a hurry to get it loaded back up.... BUT... All the scrap pages Im working on, wont be finished until I get the craftrobo up and running again.
Yes I love my craftrobo... Amazing machine. I know alot of people with a cricut and swear by it. Poor things, Don't know what they are missing. I don't have to buy "templates" I don't have to buy anything special for it. It hooks right into my computer and ANYTHING I put up on the cutting screen, it cuts. I can do anything with this thing. There are some "patterns" that others have made. Mostly European sites. Its all good. They are wonderful artists, most are very happy to share their talent. I looked at the Cricut when I was decided what I wanted. I saw the CraftRobo, it was $400. Which you might think is kind of pricey. However if you think about it. You dont have to purchace templates everything is your imagination and your own creativity. The cricut is roughly $200 and each cartriage is $60 , you can't do much with just one so your stuck buying tons of them.. If you think about it.. Your pissing away tons of money with the cricut.. I can do everything the cricut can do.. and more. I will admit though... the cricut is nice if your just wanting to push a button there ya go.. There is not dinking with anything. The CraftRobo is a bit more challenging. But anyone who digitaly scrapbooks would easily be able to work it. Okay Ive said my piece on that. Im sorry if I have offended the cricut fans out there. *shrug* If you knew better at the time.. Im sure you would have chosen the CraftRobo. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment