Wednesday, January 20, 2010
















Inspired by a game I find completely addicting. I made some Birthday cards.

If you were to ask me why I started playing the game in the first place. I don't really know why. Anthony was playing it and for awhile Rob was too. I felt kind of left out. Now I'm addicted to the damn game I even think of playing it in my sleep. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. The second step is to STOP PLAYING IT. Where in lies the problem. ARG!!!
I think I just need to get out of the house more.

So I thought I just needed a new technique to my list of hobbies I like doing. Last night while we were running around KS trying to find various things. I stopped by Michaels and picked up an embossing pad, a new valentine stamp, and some ultra fine red glitter. I saw a video on raised embossing with these materials and was dying to try it myself. Figured this would be really cute for my scrapbooking and my card making. May even be cute for tags and OH the possibilities. I picked up a LIPS stamp from the $1 bin. Figured I didn't really know what I was getting into and was a little nervous about messing up an expensive stamp. Sooo this was a cute attempt.
Now after reading several forums and How-Tos I realised there was nothing to this. Stamp, Glitter, Apply Heat. Wow! Right? Well I must be doing something wrong.. I stamped.. I glittered. I applied heat ( the first time I browned the paper. ACK SMOKE! better stop.) The second time I kept the heat gun moving but still couldn't manage to get the glitter to melt. I have glittered lips all over now. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. I'm going to attempt the process again with the iron. Thinking maybe my heat source isn't working right.
The reason I thought I wanted to try this was because Rob got a heat gun for the holidays to fix his electrical things at home. Well if I could use it too.... I dunno.
Late last night while I was still up. I realised that my heating had done some damage to my green OLFA cutting mat. I should have known better. Don't heat those things up. But it IS my work surface, at the time I thought nothing of it. At least it's the little mat and not the big one. *sigh* we live and learn, right?
A side note : Today is day TWO of Anthony taking the bus to and from school. I'm not sure if I like it yet. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment